In any business, there are essential elements that need to be done and maintained in order to keep it going. One thing that should be established early on as you start your business is your Brand Strategy.
A Brand Strategy is defined as a long-term marketing support for a brand, based on the definition of the characteristics of the target consumers. It includes an understanding of their preferences and expectations from the brand. (Businessdictionary.com)
Branding is way more than just creating a logo. It is the essential part of your business. It is your promise and your personality to your customers. It a way to set you apart from the rest of the competition. It also allows you to let your audience know exactly who you are and what you are all about.
When done right, Branding helps your Marketing strategy become more effective because the market can easily identify your brand identity which gives you brand recall. When a business achieves brand recall from its target market, the goal to attract them to make a purchase is most possible.
Entrepreneur.com shares some questions to consider when defining your brand:
- What is your company’s mission?
- What are the benefits and features of your products or services?
- What do your customers and prospects already think of your company?
- What qualities do you want them to associate with your company?
Here are further tips on how to create an effective Brand Strategy:
- What is the foundation of a brand?Your brand’s foundation can be found in your brand’s logo. All your marketing materials, may it be digital or traditional, should always communicate your brand through your logo. A consistent exposure of your logo is one good strategy to create brand recall to the market, so better make sure that you have a great logo because it represents your business.
- Write down your brand messaging. Although you as the owner or the management knows your brand messaging, make sure to share this to your team because these key messages will also be their guide to communicate your brand.
- Identify the tone of your brand. This applies to both written and verbal communication. Make an impression on your market through how you communicate with them, may it be a formal or a friendly approach. The goal is to make a good impression on your target market.
- Develop a tagline. The Golden rule is to have a “catchy” tagline. Catchy, but in a good way. Make it memorable, meaningful and concise to show the essence of your brand.
- Create design templates and brand standards for your marketing materials. The consistency of the look of your marketing materials is important; not only by just always putting your logo but also by having a consistent look and feel for all your customer touch points — from the colors, fonts, images and messaging. A design template can help you create that consistency.
- Be true to your brand. Branding is your promise to your customer. Make sure to be truthful about it because happy returning customers are still the best Marketing strategy of all, through word-of-mouth testimonials and recommendations.
Reference: John Williams, https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/77408; http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/brand-strategy.html