Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the process of implementing various strategies to increase your visibility online with regard to your ranking on search engine results. The higher you rank, the more traffic will be filtered through your website. SEO improves user experience and is cost-effective.
We’ve put together a checklist to give some pointers on how to position your SEO for maximum results:
SEO for Entire Website:
- Your site is secured with an SSL certificate.
- Your site looks good on mobile phones.
- Images are compressed.
- Browser caching is implemented.
- HTML is minified.
- Unnecessary plugins and scripts have been removed.
SEO Optimizations for Individual Pages:
- Your primary keyword is included in:
- Page title
- The first 100 words
- A subheading
- Naturally throughout the body
- Your page title is compelling.
- Your page description is compelling and contains your primary keyword.
- Your page URL is short and contains your primary keyword.
- Your introduction is short and to the point.
- Your content is formatted so that it’s easy to read.
- Relevant videos are embedded in your content.
- You linked to relevant internal pages.
- Your content is up to date.
- Your content is accurate.
- Your content thoroughly covers the subject.
- You implemented structured data where appropriate.
- You optimized for voice search:
- FAQ pages
- Featured snippet
- Natural and simple writing
When going through your website, make sure you’re checking off what you’ve done and what you still need to implement. Then, watch your site visibility improve drastically!